Fire & Security Service Engineer – Dorset and Wiltshire
A Dorset based Fire & Security company, with nearly 40 years’ experience in the Fire & Security industry both in domestic and commercial settings. They pride thereselves on providing a good work/life balance to employees and have a strong focus on staff wellbeing.
They are seeking an experienced Fire & Security Service engineer to join our Fire & Security Service team as a key member to support a number of there prestigious and long standing client sites across the Dorset/Wiltshire area.
You will carry out a full range of service tasks and duties to include routine servicing, reactive repairs, and planned works. You will be expected to make routine visits throughout the year to conduct training, attend regular meetings, and collect van stock and materials as required as well as having regular interaction with their line manager and co-ordination team.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To carry out service and maintenance works across a wide range of fire & security systems in line with current industry standards and client requirements to include a number of key sites and clients from our prestigious portfolio.
- Comply with all H&S legislation, industry standards and all company policies.
- Work closely with the scheduling and coordination teams ensuring your time is managed efficiently and jobs are completed correctly with stock levels accurately managed and customer delivery and satisfaction key.
- Correctly complete Engineer service reports, certificates, and job details as appropriate.
This list of responsibilities and duties is not exhaustive, and the Company will expect you to perform other duties relevant to the job title.
- Full UK Driving licence
- Strong knowledge on Fire and security products and systems in order to deliver excellence across a range of high level clients
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office & basic IT skills
- Good communication, calculation & literacy skills
- Good time management, ability to manage own workload and work to deadlines.
- A team player with a willingness to learn and lead where required
- Good communication skills with a high level of customer service
- CSCS Card
- Knowledge of health & safety and CDM regulations including risk assessment
- Industry experience in full capacity desired with thorough training offered through our in-house teams and industry academies to help applicants continually advance and expand their knowledge to deliver best service on complex sites
- Competent with IT equipment and software packages to help complete electronic reports on tablets and laptops as required.
- Knowledge of service and installation regulations and practices.
- Up to £35,000 p.a. dependent on experience
- Company Vehicle with private use available
- Door to door travel payments
- Out of hours call out rota with excellent rates and retainer payment
- Company Phone, Tablet, Laptop & workwear
- Supply of essential test kit and plant
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays (opportunity to purchase additional holiday through salary sacrifice)
- BUPA Medical Insurance
- Accident and Sickness Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Pension contributions