Fire Extinguisher Engineer & Fire system servicing Engineer – £32,000 to £38,000 starting basic per year plus OT and OOH. (OTE between £45K to £55K)
My client a long term established company with 30+ years specialising in Fire and Electrical Compliance works across a variety of sectors including Social housing, Health and commercial properties.
This Fire Extinguisher Engineer position, requires a driving licence. The position is a mobile role attending multi-site properties in and around London, maintaining client’s fire equipment & FDA systems to ensure they are compliant, functional, and fit for purpose as part of the fire safety requirements.
Daily responsibilities for the Fire Extinuguisher Engineer
To carry out routine planned and /or preventative servicing of Fire Equipment, e.g., Extinguishers, blankets and user service testing of Fire Detection & Alarm System, (FDA) & Smoke Control Systems, (SCS)
To attend reactive callouts and repairs to Fire equipment & Smoke Control Systems To carry out servicing and small works to Emergency Lighting Systems.
Be part of an OOH call out team rota
To deliver works with high customer satisfaction and compliant to H&S practices.
To correctly complete engineer work reports, certificates, compliance checks as appropriate using the PDA.
To provide accurate job reports and support information.
To maintain a strong understanding of relevant British Standards and best practices.
To follow safe working practices.
Actively support the expanded application of new technology to improving service delivery.
Requirements for the role:
• Have at least 1 consecutive years’ experience as a Fire Engineer, (equipment and FDA servicing engineer).
• Understand and be knowledgeable on BS5839, BS5266. Experience and qualifications servicing fire extinguishers.
• Full UK Driving Licence
• To have good written and verbal communication skills to liaise with the customer, stakeholders, and our team. Desirable for the role:
• Having previously worked in social housing is a bonus. Experience and Knowledge of Electrical systems.
• Understand the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and current edition of BS7671.
• Experience and knowledge on smoke control / AOV systems.
Please apply to Security Fire Recruitment ASAP