Fire Systems Service & Small Works Engineer – £46,000 to £48,000 basic per year plus OT and OOH. (OTE between £60K to £75K)
My client is an established company with 30+ years, specialising in Fire and Electrical Compliance works across a variety of sectors including Social housing, Health and commercial properties.
This Fire Systems Engineer position is a permanent and a driving licence is required. The position is a mobile role attending multi-site properties in and around London, maintaining client’s fire alarm systems to ensure they are compliant, functional, and fit for purpose as part of the fire safety requirements.
Daily responsibilities for the Fire Systems Engineer will include:
To carry out routine planned and /or preventative servicing of Fire Detection & Alarm System, (FDA) & Smoke Control Systems, (SCS)
To attend reactive callouts and repairs to Fire Detection & Alarm System, (FDA) & Smoke Control Systems as the Fire Systems Engineer
To carry out small installation works to Fire Detection & Alarm System, (FDA) & Smoke Control Systems
To carry out servicing and small works to Emergency Lighting Systems.
Be part of an OOH call out rota
To deliver works with high customer satisfaction and compliant to H&S practices.
To complete Fire Systems Engineer work reports, certificates, compliance checks as appropriate using the PDA.
To provide accurate job reports and support information.
To maintain a strong understanding of relevant British Standards and best practices.
To follow safe working practices.
Actively support the expanded application of new technology to improving service delivery.
Requirements for the Fire Systems Engineer
• Have at least 3 consecutive years’ experience as a Fire Systems Engineer, (servicing and small works), (FDA & SCS).
• Understand and be knowledgeable on BS5839, BS5266.
• Full UK Driving Licence
• To have good communication skills to liaise with the customer, stakeholders and our team. Desirable for the role:
• Having previously worked in social housing is a bonus. Experience and Knowledge of Electrical systems.
• Understand the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and current edition of BS7671.
• Experience and knowledge on smoke control / AOV systems.
• Experience and qualifications servicing fire extinguishers.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing company as one of there Fire Systems engineers.
Please apply to Security Fire Recruitment ASAP