Fire Safety Consultant – West Midlands
My client was founded in 1983. The Group has steadily expanded over the years and now employs approximately 100 people in a range of specialist disciplines
Head of Fire Engineering
The Head of Fire Engineering is a role of substantial responsibility and accountability. A highly visible role with ultimate responsibility to the Managing Director and the Board. There will be opportunities for an entrepreneurial Head of Fire Engineering to contribute to not only the growth, but also the strategic direction of the business.
To provide effective Fire Engineering consulting, operations, planning and analysis for the organisation. To support these areas in achieving the strategic ambitions and aims of the Company.
This is an innovative and progressive environment where the Board of Directors are always looking for the next opportunity for growth and scale. The Head of Fire Engineering is required to develop and grow the companies Fire Engineering function, for the next stage of growth and development of the business.
Key Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Lead, develop, influence, and deliver the organisation’s Fire Engineering Consultancy services throughout the group.
- Develop a client base and represent Wintech for the delivery of Fire Engineering consultancy services.
- Preparation and negotiation of fee proposals for Fire Engineering services.
- Be a Fire Engineering advocate that drives positive innovation and change across the group and wider industry.
- Communicate Fire Engineering knowledge to employees within the group via CPDs or other forms of communication.
- Project management of Fire Engineering client instructions.
- Ensure compliance and stay current with all applicable fire regulations, guidance, and requirements. Keep abreast of pending and future changes.
- Principal Consultant for external Fire Engineering services:
- Lead Fire Engineer on all projects
- Carry out inspections on existing buildings to assist in making remedial measure recommendations where required
- Carry out inspections on new build construction, to assess the fire safety provisions and reporting
- Assist with EWS1 façade assessments
- Mentoring junior engineers
The Ideal Candidate:
- You will be an acknowledged leader in Fire Engineering in the built environment with an understanding of building facades.
- A higher education qualification in engineering or in a fire safety related subject.
- You will be a Chartered Fire Engineer or equivalent.
- For Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE) members, this should be a Chartered or Incorporated Engineer with full membership of the Institution. For non-IFE members, the signatory should be a fully qualified member of a relevant professional body that deals with fire safety in the built environment, with either actual or equivalence to the Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status.
- Relevant ‘hands-on’ professional experience in delivering fire and life safety designs and engineered solutions for UK projects.
- You will be a natural communicator, able to create a client network for delivery of our Fire Consultancy services.
- You will be organised, driven, energetic and ambitious.
- Excellent communicator and presenter at all levels.
- Ability to analyse and make recommendations, alongside the capacity to drive through key business changes.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of financial issues.
This is an excellent opportunity to be apart of a very well established company.
Please apply to Security Fire Recruitment UK