Sprinkler System Surveyor – West Midlands/Midlands
Based within west-midlands/midlands. 1-2 days a week on site, then the rest of the week writing reports. Salary up to £50k.
My client is looking for a full-time Sprinkler System Surveyor to contribute to the sustainability of the organisation through the provision of Sprinkler system inspection services through the Fire & Risk Services Department.
The role will involve travel and possibly overnight stay to clients, with reports being written from home.
Conduct sprinkler system survey consulting services for a variety of premises including complex buildings and special risks in accordance with the requirements of BS EN 12845 Clause 21 – Third Party Inspection and LPC Sprinkler Rules TB18.104.22.168.
· Provide support to the F&RS section regarding initial enquiries, pre-meetings, determining the likely scope of work, developing project briefs, presentations to clients and similar.
· Assist with customer account management where necessary and the processing of customer queries.
· Perform validation, verification and QA of technical reports and process / resolve associated queries.
· Provide mentoring, coaching and technical support to both internal and external consultants as and when required.
· Provide support to the publications department including reviewing draft publications and preparing technical articles for the journal.
· Provide support to the sales and marketing department with propositions development for FRS/FAS.
· Provide support to the training section by way of technical advice, presentation of courses, marking of assignments and similar.
· Attend and present talks at seminars, conferences and webinars.
· Represent the company on relevant external Working Groups / Committees.
· At least 5 years’ experience or as close too within a sprinkler system related discipline (e.g., design, installation, maintenance, hazard review, inspection) preferably with an LPS1048 certified company.
· A good understanding of BSEN12845 and associated Technical Bulletins.
· An awareness of the requirements of NFPA13.
· Ability to engage effectively with people internally and externally.
· A team player who can demonstrate a collaborative style of working that enhances business / project performance.
· Ability to lead by example and in a manner consistent the organisations policies, goals and values.
· Ability to deliver projects to the required standard on time.
A relevant technical degree, preferably in fire engineering or a fire related discipline.
One, some or all of the following:
· Basic Design Review
· Intermediate Design Review
· FHC Design Review
· Inspection Review (Modules 1 & 2))
· Service Inspection
Please apply to Security Fire Recruitment UK ASAP