My award-winning Fire and Security Company based in the North West are looking for an experienced, aspirational & driven National Contracts Manager to lead the team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established organisation with upcoming projects you will be an integral part of the team.
The Contracts Manager will have a clear understanding of the purpose and best practice of contract management within the fire and security sector. In order to really succeed in the role you will have the ability to propose, challenge, influence and negotiate with an awareness of how to protect the best interests of the client and company.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ managerial experience within the Fire and Security Industry.
The overall objective of the position is to manage and support the operational and contract functions within the business ensuring compliance to international legislation and company QMS & ISO requirements, Identify and drive continuous improvement whilst providing a support service within the organisation.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Oversee Project managers and management of large installations to high customer satisfaction.
• Oversee Financial Responsibility for Projects with Project managers (Value £100k – £2M+)
• Coordinate and report Accurate Monthly Forecasting/ Cost to Complete.
• Responsible for operational technical vetting of all new installations before order process.
• Development/ support for regional Project Managers.
• Day to day planning of a large team of engineers and sub-contractors.
• Responsible for regular health and safety audits and build-up of risk assessments and method statements.
• Good relationship with various contractors/ customers.
• Management of arranging/attending site progress meetings with Project Managers and clients.
• Carrying out tool box talks/ Engineer one to one/ Team Huddles.
• Completing engineer installation quality audits (internal/external).
• Work alongside the sales/ design team to assist with any technical issues, and improve and grow client relations
• Get close to customers and stakeholders dealing with issues
• Customer service and negotiation skills to deal with the demands of Clients, Subcontractors, Suppliers and Facility Managers
• The key to success in this role rests with an ability to build relationships, both externally and internally.
• Having a positive can-do attitude is essential alongside a methodical approach to planning and workload management, with an ability to prioritise.
Knowledge, Skills Education and Experience:
• Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills both written and verbal.
• Knowledge of industry compliance and procedures
• Able to take a Flexible and proactive approach.
• Be able to organise yourself and others.
• Experience working in the Fire & Security industry
• Computer literate, including all Microsoft programs and an ability to manipulate data and experience of Excel is essential.
• Experience of using an MRP system or CASH would be advantageous