Fire Alarm Service Engineer
Works within the M25
£36,000 to £42,000 basic per year plus OT and OOH. (OTE between £45K to £60K), holiday, vehicle and travel expenses
Monday to Friday 8am to 4.30pm and to participate on the flexible call out rota
We are looking for fire alarm engineers who want to be part of the team, who keen to learn, are punctual and can communicate. We have a fantastic technical team who will assist you, guide you and teach you if required. As an employee, you will be given a company uniform, a sign written vehicle, plant, test equipment, PDA and a mobile. We use a job management software tool and pay for travel expenses. You will attend your allocated jobs that our contract support team assign you, carry out the servicing or maintenance tasks of Fire Alarms, Emergency lighting and Smoke Vents, and complete the paperwork in accordance with our company and client requirements.
We do our best to make your job as easy as possible!
The majority of systems you will be working on will be open protocol and the main panels that are installed on our sites are; Kentec, C-Tec, Advanced and Haes (Conventional and Addressable). If you have closed protocol manufacturer training, that will be a bonus.
Download your jobs for the day on your PDA. Attend your 1st job of the day at 8am. Carry out the tasks and complete the paperwork via the PDA to close down the job, or to raise another if further works are required. Continue to the other jobs for day. There could be 4-6 jobs a day. Fire alarm servicing (PPM), maintenance, testing and inspection – Quarterly, Six-Monthly and Annual. Emergency Lighting (PPM), maintenance, testing and inspection – Monthly, Six-Monthly and Annual. Reactive call outs to fault find, fix and repair. The occasional small works – replacement panels, additions and wiring. Attendance at the office in N4 is required occasionally to collect materials, catch up with your supervisor and manager and for in-house company training.
Requirements for the role
• To be a team player
• Have at least 5 consecutive years’ experience as a fire alarm service engineer
• Be willing to learn
• Understand and be knowledgeable on BS5839-1
• Full UK Driving Licence – please disclose if you have any points or driving convictions or accidents within the last 5 year
• Be able to provide 2x references and to undertake a DBS check with no cautions or convictions that may restrict you working for our clients
• To have good communication skills to liaise with the customer, tenants and our team.
Desirable for the role:
• Having previously worked in social housing is a bonus.
• Understand the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and current edition of BS7671.
• Experience and knowledge on smoke control / AOV systems.
• Experience and qualifications servicing fire extinguishers.
• Permanent position
• Vehicle and travel expenses paid
• A good team behind you
• Mobile phone
• Test equipment and resources supplied
• Holiday pay
• Good wage
Please apply ASAP to Security Fire Recruitment UK